Tercera (3a) semana de diciembre:
Hello Farm School Friends,
(Hola compañeros de la Finca Educativa,)
Here's the farm report:
(Aquí está el reportaje de la finca:)
LIFE RECIPES for each farm task
- 3x5" life recipes may be deposited to the Flower Box that is to stay on Irene's desk.
- On one side: the task depicted (labeled in English/Spanish/both).
- Other side: date/season, your name, sequenced description, any pertinent information
- See contents for examples. Would we prefer them to be listed by category, season, or alphabetically?
- We installed a new wood stove! This one heats up the house. (And the old one may still be in a truck in the carport.)
(Review Sam's intro Dec 3)
HOPS + BEANS
- We may take down hops (carport) and beans (in current pig pen) to be repurposed as we see fit (compost, burn, distribute supplies.)
- I cleared the utility room so it is ready for installation of coat racks and benches. We may mount coat racks on the north end and hang chalkboards over the table. There are towels to fold.
- I began setting up a sewing/textile room in the first north bedroom (between the utility room & bathroom). Clear containers can be used to reasonably sort textile/sewing tools (as modeled). Drawers may be set up to organize supplies for sewing, knitting, weaving, and the like. (Shall I donate my yarn stash and rocking chair?)
- We are re-evaluating storage containers - many of the clear jars (Grateful to Lora) are being used for sorting supplies and making them more accessible on the desk and in the hall.
- The roof was cleaned off. The mossy bits may be swept up and composted as desired (perhaps in the pile in the back yard out by the pond). Or they make for an interesting sensory experience to be walked upon, especially in the rain.
- We may rake up walnut leaves if still accessible in Irene's garden. They inhibit growth of other plants.
- Talk to Elise if you would like to purchase a pig (or go in on it with somebody) in January.
December 17 is the last Farm Day before we resume in 2019.
Looking ahead -
Wrapping up Cycle 2:
January 7 (last session of Cycle 2 with whole group.)
January 14 (HMS is not present during Immersion Week.)
January 21 (Observation of Dr. King as desired, I will likely be present.)
Cycle 3: January 22 - March 29
February 4, 11, 18, 25
March 4, 11, 18, 25
Cycle 4: April 1 - June 7
April 1, 11, 22, 29
May 6, 13, 20
Peace, ♡ Elise
segunda semana de diciembre:
Sunny and fresh
Hace sol y fresco.
Walk to river: salmon life cycles + physics.
Camino al rio: ciclo de vida de salmon + físicas.
Feed chickens and pigs.
Alimentar a los pollos y cerdos.
visit by Katelyn Anderson of Umber Heart Photography.
Visita de Katelyn Anderson de Umber Heart Photography.
Grateful for: teamwork. ◡̈
Agradecidos por: trabajo en equipo. ◡̈